What an amazing Exhibition
Jasmine Dixon Overall (First Prize) Winner. Received from the RSASA $2,000 for Portrait of Patrick, oil on wooden board.
All were winners in our eyes, but as we know there can only be one winner from one category. Well done everyone to our artists, judges and honoured guests, thank you for your participation.
Exhibiting until 10 July 2016.
2016, 3rd Biennial RSASA Characters of the Fleurieu Prize Exhibition
Signal Point Gallery, Goolwa
18 April – 29 May 2016
Entries due 4 March 2016
Happy New Year to all.
It will be an exciting year for our artists who are being challenged and encouraged to interpret characters from the Fleurieu. A reminder to all artists – landscapes and seascapes will not be accepted.
The following are important dates for this exhibition to be opened by Lisa Slade, Assistant Director Art Gallery of South Australia:
* entries close on Friday 4th March 2016-forms can be downloaded by going to the RSASA website www.rsasarts.com.au
*initial selection by three judges will occur once all applications have been processed (depending on the workload how long this will take). Jack will negotiate closer to the time a suitable arrangement with judges for this process to occur
*all successful or unsuccessful artists will be notified by 1st April 2016
* delivery of successful work to the Signal Gallery will be on THURSDAY 14th April from 9am to 4pm.
* works selected to be delivered by arrangement with Pack & Send, 29 Unley Road (phone 8272 7222 will need to be at their store by 5 pm Friday 8 April 2016.
* placement and hanging of works will occur on Thursday and Friday 14 & 15 April 2016.
* final judging to occur on Sunday, 17 April from 2 pm in the afternoon.
* exhibition opens to the public on Monday 18th April with official opening by Lisa Slade, Assistant Director, Art Gallery of South Australia, on Saturday, 23 April at 3 pm.
* All prize winners will be announced at the official opening with the Mayor, President and Sponsors playing a role along with our official opener.
* exhibition concludes on Sunday, 29 May. Works not sold can be collected from 4 pm or delivered back to Pack & Send to their store by special arrangement. Works can also be collected on Monday, 30 May from the Signal Point Gallery.
Members of the RSASA and non-member artists are asked to plan their works (three works can be submitted per artists). We are encouraging artists innovation and creativity interpreting characters from the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Remember no landscapes or seascapes will be accepted.